This freeware utility allows monitoring of supporting
SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c devices including Cisco, Livingstone,
Current version 1.4.5 could be downloaded from here - Now runs on Win98 and Millenium!!!
Previous version 1.4.0 could be downloaded from here
Intended as fast aid for network administrators who
need prompt access to current information about state of
Runs on WinNT4.0 and Win2000.
Since 1.4.2 runs on Win98 and Millenium Screen Shot:
Single graph displays changes in two configurable
SNMP variables with display of Current, Average and Maximum values.
Why it was written: STG was written as an add-on for MRTG application by Tobias Oetiker.
MRTG is absolutely necessary for every network and system administrator.
(It provides SNMP monitoring of any number of devices simultaneously). But I needed
a tool for fast accessing different routers in different places for a short period of time.
So I wrote STG.
STG allows monitoring of one SNMP device with different update periods
starting from 0.01s so you could see what's happening right now.
It runs on MS Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0 and since version 1.4.2 runs on Win98 and Millenium
To run on WinNT 4.0 you will need two files: mgmtapi.dll and mib.bin.
You can get them either from WinNT 4.0 installation CD-ROM (\i386 directory)
or from here: nt4files.zip(file size 11.5k)
- see readme.txt
To run on Win98 and Millenium you will need three files: mgmtapi.dll, mib.bin and wsnmp32.dll.
You can get them from here: w9xlibs.zip (size 39k)
To run on Win2000 you do not need these files!
Changes in version 1.4.5: Bugs fixed:
1. Corrected bug that prevented version 1.4.4 from running on NT4
Changes in version 1.4.4: Bugs fixed:
1. Fixed bug with log file where sysUpTime was shown as nonzero
for timeouted requests
Changes in version 1.4.3: Bugs fixed:
1. Fixed bug with average value displayed incorrectly.
- Thanks to Jim Jones, Jr.!
2. Fixed bug when red Upper Rate line has incorrect position for high Max.Rate
Changes in version 1.4.2:
Now runs on Win 98 and Millenium.
Wind95 was not tested. Bugs fixed:
1. Corrected startup crash (when started with configuration filename as parameter)
- Thanks to Paw Larsen!
Changes in version 1.4.1:
1. Both snmp OID's are requested in one network packet.
2. Actual time between two requests is calculated from
target device sysUpTime (22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.0).
This should improve displayed data accuracy.
- Thanks to Mike MacFaden!
3. Log format changed:
request_time - local system time (human readable string),
target_uptime - target sysUpTime (hundredth of seconds),
1. Window size and status/title bar state are being saved/restored.
Changes in version 1.4.0: Bugs fixed:
1. One memory leak fixed. Features added:
1. Resizeable window.
Changes in version 1.3.2: Bugs fixed:
1. Corrected bug with zero replies not included in Avg value.
Thanks to Rafael Prado Rocchi!
Changes in version 1.3.1: Features added:
1. Option for displaying traffic in bits/bytes.
2. Target Information window.
Changes in version 1.2.2: Bugs fixed:
1. Corrected bug with time incorrectly shown when daylight saving
option was on. Thanks to Anders Gustafsson from Sweden!
2. Changed the way of rate calculation. Now rate is calculated on
basis of time that actually passed since previous sample.
Before the value of "Update Period" option was used. Features added:
1. Status bar indicator of last sample time.
2. Logging ability to comma separated file. For format see readme.txt
For troubleshooting, download and configuration instructions see readme.txt
For a small list of objects to monitor see mibs.txt.